Aurora Sky
[Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro - Printable Version

+- Aurora Sky (https://aurorasky.udocoded.com)
+-- Forum: The Lands (https://aurorasky.udocoded.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Forum: THE WESTERN COAST (https://aurorasky.udocoded.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Tiburon (https://aurorasky.udocoded.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: [Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro (/showthread.php?tid=188)

Pages: 1 2

[Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro - DarkAbyssKeeper - 05-31-2018

Right on the very edge of the Western Coast, in the capital of Tiburon is the Buoyant Bistro. An old fishing vessel, more gutted than its previous inhabitants ever were. The inside of the boat is a spacious dining establishment that primarily caters to nobility who have business in the docks to the south but do not wish to get their food from market stalls.

Owned by the Belmont family and operated almost entirely by those indentured to their services, the Buoyant Bistro is an example of the adage that money cannot buy good taste. Though no-one would ever dare say otherwise, the decor of the Bistro is... people have quietly joked that if the place sank it might improve the decoration.

So long as you don't stick out, the Bistro is a good place for a quiet conversation, where perked ears will be summarily carted out and the staff are far too busy to care what you're talking about.

Note: As a thread describing a public location, it's generally assumed people can freely enter and leave the thread as they go about their business. When making a new public location, it is fine to double post in order to have the initial post only describe the location. This helps in the long run, as you might want to edit in more information as various NPCs that work/frequent the location are described by others.

RE: [Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro - Riesig - 06-03-2018

Riesig, ever the subtle one, strolls in to the establishment. A sponsor for magic? Sounds like a great way to get free stuff! As soon as he gets inside, he lights torches from his fingers and announces loudly, "I heard y'all need a mage!" Yup. Subtle.

RE: [Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro - DarkAbyssKeeper - 06-04-2018

A woman, presumably a waitress walked alongside Riesig, she tucked an around his elbow and rather fluidly yanked him in the direction of a table near the water side of the establishment. At the table, looking over a ledger an a plate of oysters with equal attention was a man dressed almost entirely in silks.

"Lord Belmont." the woman spoke loud enough to be heard by the Lord, but clearly prompting Riesig.

RE: [Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro - Riesig - 06-05-2018

Sweet! It worked. He was directly talking to the one he was here fo. He should be subtle more often. He heard the statement, and waited a beat......Oh! It wasn't to get his attention. He slipped out of the arm and collapsed into the seat across from the man. "Yo! Name's Riesig. What's this sponsor thing about?"

RE: [Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro - DarkAbyssKeeper - 06-05-2018

"Take a seat Mr... Riesig was it? The Sponsorship Ball is an event that will be held not long from now. Noble families are expected to contribute in the form of bestowing patronage on deserving or... impressive individuals."

As he said the last bit he reached over to one of his ledgers and scratched something out, initialling next to the removal.

RE: [Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro - Riesig - 06-06-2018

"Woah, professional. I can do that. I think. It's Brand. Mr. Brand. Nice to make your acquiescence. What do you judge deserving and impressiveness on?" Yeah. He nailed professional.

RE: [Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro - DarkAbyssKeeper - 06-06-2018

"I'll be honest Mr Brand, at this point my standards are a little lower than normal."

The lord took a bite of a rather fragrant looking bun, chewing and swallowing it before continuing.

"What sort of work have you been involved in? Have you ever had any dealings with other nobles?" he asked, dabbing the corner of his mouth with a silk handkerchief as he turned back to another ledger.

RE: [Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro - Riesig - 06-07-2018

"Oh sure. Nobles were probably involved with things I did. I think? But, uh, things I've done are a bit scarce in the important things department. I guess I helped liberate the town of Maroo from some bandits. Does that count for you?" He said seemingly oblivious to his non helpful ramblings.

RE: [Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro - DarkAbyssKeeper - 06-07-2018

"Maroo? Fine dye-makers, they do good work. What happened to them?" Lord Belmont asked, tenting his fingers together.

RE: [Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro - Riesig - 06-08-2018

"Them who? The bandits? Lots of them were burned, some of them stabbed, most arrested. The town? They got kicked out of their own town by bandits or something like that. I didn't really pay attention to the why I was asked to burn people. He he." He kind of absently raised his hand to the back of his head and scratched a little with the small laugh at the end with a sheepish smile. Man this guys wanted so much detail. Hopefully that satisfied him.

RE: [Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro - DarkAbyssKeeper - 06-17-2018

Riesig didn't think, in recent memory at least, that he had ever seen anyone make a quill glide along parchment with quite the speed that Lord Belmont was while they talked. In the space of time that the mage had explained the situation of his outing in the town of Maroo, Lord Belmont had half penned some sort of missive offering financial support to the town and its craftsman. As he neared the end he slid a metal pot containing a hardened purple wax towards Riesig.

"Melt this, would you." he seemed distracted but Riesig got the impression this man always seemed that way.

RE: [Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro - Riesig - 06-27-2018

"whoah, that's some fast writing, and big numbers for aid. Wish I got paid that much to free their town..." he got quieter and trailed off at the end, realizing it wasnt quite professional to whine. When the pot was handed to him, he held in his hand and summoned a Dark Flame Fireball around his had and it. When it was melted, he set it back down.

RE: [Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro - DarkAbyssKeeper - 06-27-2018

"Unless I am mistaken Mr Brand, you are not an entire town that produces a valuable resource." he said as he dipped his ring in the wax and used it to seal the missive.

RE: [Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro - Riesig - 06-28-2018

"An entire town? No, but that would be pretty crazy. Can you imagine? Having a whole town inside of yourself..." He got distracted as he had his mist play out a scene of a human walking up to a town and absorbing it inside itself on the table where Lord Belmont wasn't working. The figure then went about and opened the town for other random figures that it wandered across.

RE: [Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro - DarkAbyssKeeper - 06-28-2018

The lord watched the figures walk across the table and actually smiled a little, apparently pleased with the development.

"So, Mr Brand. What would you be looking for in terms of sponsorship to attend the Ball under the banner of House Belmont?" he asked coolly as one of the waitresses collected his missive to Maroo.