Who Are We?
Synopsis

Welcome to Aurora Sky! We are a Sword and Sorcery roleplay. Check out the area above this box if you're interested in making a character, and check out the cbox below if you have any questions! Hope to RP with you soon!

Cbox

Resources

Map

[Riesig] Incendiary [Past]

Gold: 71 gp
Linked Accounts
Riesig
Character Sheet
Player Character
Race: Shifter
© Udo
First Talent:
Lord of Flames [Fire Branded]
Second Talent:
Mistkeeper [Water Borne]

"As long as I get to watch them burn, sure I'll help you out!" He smiled at her. He really had a very simple list of things that motivated him.

Gold: 13 gp
Nashota
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Keeks
First Talent:
Quakelord [Earth Bound]
Second Talent:
Shadowtwin [Umbral Soul]

Nashota blinked. Children?

She would be the first to admit that she was a prickly person -- she didn't like other people and would avoid them, if possible. but children being abducted and held captive? She frowned. "This is not a job. This is a civic duty." What could a child have done to be treated so? Not much.

She glanced behind her and pulled one of the barrels towards her. It was mostly empty; something sloshed inside, indicating that it was probably a fourth of the way full. The alley was packed with very undesriable scents, and Nashota wasn't inclined to look inside the barrel to see if what was in there was adding to the smell. She popped up and sat on the top of the barrel; she'd been on her feet all day -- and if she were going to be going on what sounded like one hell of a rescue mission, then she'd do it with less-achy feet. "I'm in. Explain what needs to be done."

Gold: 77 gp
Linked Accounts
Arl Lotreab
Character Sheet
Player Character
Race: Half-Fey
© Magikeeper
First Talent:
Harmonic Weapon [Vital Heart]
Second Talent:
Enlightened Combat [Warrior Prodigy]

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2017, 05:16 AM by Magikeeper.)
Arl had smiled broadly at the mention of "civic duty". It seemed the notion appealed to her. "Great!" She moved closer to the duo, and once again spoke softly.

"It's common knowledge that the old families are gone, but that doesn't mean all of the older outlaws were killed. Some might have retired, I don't know that much about the underworld, but a few are managing some of the 'new' gangs vying for power and territory." Arl twisted a bit to have a better view of the alley entrance as she continued. "Anyway, about two months ago a fish cartel runner from down south figured she could rapidly gain leverage in Tiburon by kidnapping the children of these thieves and former servants of the old families. Forcing a few experts out or retirement, leaning on several of the gangs, etc. You'd think Riacoma - the runner - would have been killed by now but apparently she's managed to make enough of a name for herself to gather real support." The woman frowned. "And apparently an example was made during the first betrayal - " Arl held out her palm "-not a lethal one, thankfully! - that was still horrible enough to convince the thieves to rely on complete outsiders like us. If we fail this was 'our idea', not theirs; they won't help us directly, or even indirectly beyond what I've already been told. Until the children are safe, anyway."

Arl paused for a moment. "Any questions so far, or should I describe the plan?"

Linked Accounts
Riesig
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Udo
First Talent:
Second Talent:
Mistkeeper [Water Borne]

Riesig's eyes almost came alight with glee and flames, well more accurately, his hair that was on fire was held in front of his eyes. "Arl, when this all begins, just make sure to point out those you don't want to be charred corpses. For this conflagration will rage upon seeing them." He knew, of course, that Arl didn't want a pile of corpses. He, however, did. Or, at least a pile of burned things.

Gold: 13 gp
Nashota
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Keeks
First Talent:
Quakelord [Earth Bound]
Second Talent:
Shadowtwin [Umbral Soul]

Nashota nodded as Arl spoke, keeping pace with her quick words. She didn't miss the glances to the entrance of the alley, but what else could be expected? This seemed to be a task of somewhat massive proportions. As she ended her speech, Nashota nodded and frowned at Riesig. "I'm at the top of that list. I do like my skin the way it is." Not melted from my bones. She glanced back to Arl -- "Out with it, then."

Gold: 77 gp
Linked Accounts
Arl Lotreab
Character Sheet
Player Character
Race: Half-Fey
© Magikeeper
First Talent:
Harmonic Weapon [Vital Heart]
Second Talent:
Enlightened Combat [Warrior Prodigy]

Arl barely managed to contain her laughter. "I hope there is room for one more up there!" She then nodded at Nashota as she continued "Alright, the first issue is that we have no idea where the children are being kept, and neither do most of Riacoma's followers. To solve that, I plan on having one of us infiltrate the upper echelons of her gang." Arl pulled out a map of the city as she continued "The plan hinges on the fact that there's a warehouse on fils street, that's the one below the ink smudge over *here*, where a couple gangs jointly manage an underworld fighting arena. Most of them are loosely or tightly allied with Riacoma now -" the woman shrugged "- but what really matters is that she likes to recruit individuals that impress her."

"She'll be watching the fights two nights from now. We don't have to win the tourney, but if one of us is impressive enough you'll get the chance to talk with her -"
Arl glances at Riesig "- in the middle of a hoard of people allied with her, and that's when you try your best to either get yourself on child guarding duty or in a position to help us snoop. The more impressive you are in the arena, the easier the convincing will be."

"I have a fake past lined up for us that'll help lead the conversation in that direction."
Arl fished around her bag for an worn-out scroll, which she then handed to Nashota. It looked just a little too flammable for Riesig's hands. "The scroll contains the details on an old slaver group that operated in the mountains. Whoever speaks with her can pretend the group's demise is a rumor they purposely spread, and that they offered you a job earlier that day or something."

Arl followed the scroll with several other props and mundane tools, showing each of them to Nashota and Riesig and explaining their function.

OOC: As long as it isn't too crazy (or magical) you can decide what props and tools Arl has gathered, and the specifics of the old slaver group. You don't have to decide that now, either.

Linked Accounts
Riesig
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Udo
First Talent:
Second Talent:
Mistkeeper [Water Borne]

"Sure, sure. I didn't plan on burning the people helping me. That only happens when everything spirals out of control before I start burning my problems away. The plan sounds, uh, complicated. But I think I got the gist. Be impressive at some place you tell us to be. And then get recruited by some crazy person who is out there snatching kids. The part that is going to suck is talking to her and not being able to do something about it. That stuff you got there looks fancy. I'm sure it is definitely going to be useful at some point. But, uh, I ain't the preplanning sort. So just tell me when and where, and possibly how, to use that stuff and I'll do what I can. Otherwise it sounds good. And sufficiently full of bad people that need to be dealt with." Riseig said with a smile and easy confidence. He really didn't care about the lives of those he deemed bad. They would just become the kindling for the fire of his story.