Who Are We?
Synopsis

Welcome to Aurora Sky! We are a Sword and Sorcery roleplay. Check out the area above this box if you're interested in making a character, and check out the cbox below if you have any questions! Hope to RP with you soon!

Cbox

Resources

Map

[Tiburon][U] The Buoyant Bistro

Gold: 71 gp
Linked Accounts
Riesig
Character Sheet
Player Character
Race: Shifter
© Udo
First Talent:
Lord of Flames [Fire Branded]
Second Talent:
Mistkeeper [Water Borne]

"I'm gonna be honest with you. I have no idea what that means. If you're, like, showering candidates with money or cool magical tools I could work under those conditions. I came here because I read you needed someone magical for something or other. And I thought I fit that description. Maybe I could be more specific if I knew what being sponsored meant." he chuckled at the end. He seemed oblivious that he should maybe care that he didnt come off as intelligent. But, it didnt matter to him since he was comfortable with himself.

He continued to fiddle with his city man by creating a fireball and pulling small drops to act as lanterns throughout the town. The mist swirling around the flames.

Gold: 55 gp
6 Attached Accounts
DarkAbyssKeeper
Character Sheet
Lord of the Arbitrary
Race: OOC Account
© DarkAbyssKeeper

Second Talent:

"The ball itself is a rather a social affair. Houses will subtly attempt to determine whom has sponsored the most impressive candidates while also demonstrating their benefit to Tiburon and Avarka as a whole. There will be dancing, good food, a chance to rub elbows with those you might otherwise never meet. There may even be exhibitions of one kind or another, by the whims of the hosting family." he said, stirring a mug of sweat smelling orange liquid.

"Traditionally those sponsored name the manner of their patronage and the house determines the value after the ball. So for instance, you could decide to participate for coin, I would grant you the correct amount of coin after the ball. Or you could ask for political favour, and I would make a similar assessment." he explained.

Linked Accounts
Riesig
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Udo
First Talent:
Second Talent:
Mistkeeper [Water Borne]

"Oh, that makes a lot of sense. Seems kinda random, but I'm not gonna turn down the opportunity to get cool stuff. I think it would be fun if you shared some of the cool toys you have probably got wherever rich people keep the things the have but don't use. So, I'll do this for an item you have that relates to fire, water, or mist which you think would be most enjoyable for me to have. That should be fun! Before I forget, is there anything specific you want or don't want me to do?" Riesig had let city man wander off the table into the great forever and reformed his mist into a scarf. He was interested in this now and wanted to pay attention.

6 Attached Accounts
DarkAbyssKeeper
Character Sheet
Lord of the Arbitrary
© DarkAbyssKeeper

Second Talent:

I, Riesig Brand, agree to take part in the Sponsorship Ball as a representative of House Belmont. I shall purport myself with as much decorum and sense as I am able and take directions from Lord Belmont when necessary. In exchange for this, House Belmont shall grant me a magical item suited to my performance and aligned with my existing talents if possible.

It was a simple note the lord slid across the table with a quill resting on it. Riesig felt like Belmont could have made this much more like a contract with only a few more moments. He was either keeping it brief to provide loopholes or because he didn't want to wait for the mage to read a longer declaration.

Linked Accounts
Riesig
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Udo
First Talent:
Second Talent:
Mistkeeper [Water Borne]

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2018, 10:04 AM by Riesig. Edited 1 time in total.)
Riesig read it, and one thought came to mind. "Thanks for not making it more pages thick than the table, but could you be more specific on the take orders bit? Whose necessary, mine or yours? And are there any limits? Like burn down that old lady's house, and I would just have to? Not that I'm really against that, just want to wrap my mind around it before input my mark on that.

6 Attached Accounts
DarkAbyssKeeper
Character Sheet
Lord of the Arbitrary
© DarkAbyssKeeper

Second Talent:

"Would you prefer the term 'accept suggestions' over 'take directions'?" the Lord asked calmly.

Linked Accounts
Riesig
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Udo
First Talent:
Second Talent:
Mistkeeper [Water Borne]

Riesig gave a solid nod at that. "That seems much better. Glad to make this exchange!" Assuming that he rewrote, or edited his current contract, Riesig signed and pulled some small flames from his head (after lighting it) to singe his mark into the paper just below it. His mark was a small flame with a swirl around it.

6 Attached Accounts
DarkAbyssKeeper
Character Sheet
Lord of the Arbitrary
© DarkAbyssKeeper

Second Talent:

The fresh contract was quickly rolled up and tucked away.

"Is there somewhere you can be reached when it is time for the Ball?" the lord asked.

Linked Accounts
Riesig
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Udo
First Talent:
Second Talent:
Mistkeeper [Water Borne]

"Huh. Hadn't really thought of that. I suppose I could stay in an inn for a bit. I usually just go sleep in a river or something. Any you recommend?" Who knows. Maybe he would enjoy being inside and away from all the things that lurk outside...nah it was going to be boring. But he would deal with it.

6 Attached Accounts
DarkAbyssKeeper
Character Sheet
Lord of the Arbitrary
© DarkAbyssKeeper

Second Talent:

Lord Belmont scribbled something on a scrap of paper and slid it over to Riesig.

"This place is likely out of your usual price range, tell them I sent you." he said.

Linked Accounts
Riesig
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Udo
First Talent:
Second Talent:
Mistkeeper [Water Borne]

"Woah, thanks boss man. I'll see you at the ball then." Maybe this wouldn't be so bad. He grabbed the paper and headed out as he shifted his mist down into a belt. This was going to be fun.