Who Are We?
Synopsis

Welcome to Aurora Sky! We are a Sword and Sorcery roleplay. Check out the area above this box if you're interested in making a character, and check out the cbox below if you have any questions! Hope to RP with you soon!

Cbox

Resources

Map

The Cracked Flagon

Gold: 139 gp
Linked Accounts
Golan
Character Sheet
Player Character
Race: Human
© Supermouse
First Talent:
Infusion Sage [Fire Branded]
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

"I see. Well, I think your food is nearly cooked, I'll be right back."

Golan calmly walked into the kitchen, where she immediately started hyperventilating. Lying is hard! But she wasn't lying about the meat, it was searing on the stove. She collected it while thinking about what she'd learned. Canopyheart, Osedion family ...

She stepped back out with the meat, adorned with some parsley and broccoli. Golan put on her best fake smile. "Who had the best 'Meat'* in Repas?"

*Varying definitions of Meat may apply

4 Attached Accounts
Magikeeper
Character Sheet
Administrator
Race: OOC Account
© Magikeeper

Second Talent:

The woman smirked, ceasing her studying and returning to the task of consuming soup.

The two normal-looking fellows raised their hands. "I've heard the meat in Repas is truly exquisite!" said the no-longer-starving one. He happily took a bite of the meat, having taken Golan's statement as absolute truth rather than clever marketing.

Linked Accounts
Golan
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Supermouse
First Talent:
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

Golan went back to wiping down a glass, and began waiting patiently for the strangers to leave. She did her best to smile and be polite to avoid arousing suspicions. She hoped she wasn't sweating.

4 Attached Accounts
Magikeeper
Character Sheet
Administrator
© Magikeeper

Second Talent:

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2018, 09:11 AM by Magikeeper. Edited 4 times in total.)
The group chowed down. Although it was probably the previous bout of starvation talking, the meat taster continuously uttered compliments on the meat's cooking as he feasted upon the dubious maybe-beef.

The woman slightly bowed in Golan's direction after the meal. "I genuinely thank you for your assistance. I.. have always wished I could have done more for my late friend." The woman's face was covered in obscuring shadows once more, and, after paying Golan a bit more than necessary for the order, the group set off.

Linked Accounts
Golan
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Supermouse
First Talent:
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2018, 09:43 AM by Golan. Edited 2 times in total.)
Golan put the dishes away, and waved goodbye at the customers. She thanked them for their business and reminded them to take her online survey and give her a good yelp review.

Once they left and Golan felt the group was safely out of view of the bar, she leapt to the door and locked it, and switched the sign to "Go away".

"How am I going to catch up with Noah and dodge the weirdos? I have to get a horse!"

Golan stepped out the back door and brought with her a full bottle of handy vodka. She knew where to find a stable, but riding away wouldn't be easy.

Linked Accounts
Golan
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Supermouse
First Talent:
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

The stable was out of the way, a cozy number near some trees a local candlestick maker of some renown used to hold his personal horse. He'd made it a bit too large, however, so some of the other locals kept sticking their horses there too. It was a bit of a nuisance but an informal payment system and been set up and no one had rocked the boat.

Now, Golan sauntered in, trying to appear calm, and trying to carry a bottle of vodka nonchalantly.

Gold: 55 gp
6 Attached Accounts
DarkAbyssKeeper
Character Sheet
Lord of the Arbitrary
© DarkAbyssKeeper

Second Talent:

A local girl who kept her horse here and occasionally delivered messages for Golan was just hitching up her stallion. Her name was Freya, she was a good kid.

"Hi Golan!" she said much louder than necessary.

Linked Accounts
Golan
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Supermouse
First Talent:
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

"Freya! You're just the person I wanted to see. As it happens, I need your help. I need to borrow your horse for most of the day, and in exchange, I'd like you to look after this -" holding up the bottle of vodka "-and make sure no one drinks it! Except you, you can have a little. And you can share with a friend."

6 Attached Accounts
DarkAbyssKeeper
Character Sheet
Lord of the Arbitrary
© DarkAbyssKeeper

Second Talent:

Freya gave Golan a funny look.

"Except this time you won't tell my parents?" she said, clutching Slowpoke's reins a bit more tightly.

Linked Accounts
Golan
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Supermouse
First Talent:
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2018, 08:04 AM by Golan. Edited 1 time in total.)
"Nope! Promise. Last time I didn't know about customer-bartender confidentiality."

6 Attached Accounts
DarkAbyssKeeper
Character Sheet
Lord of the Arbitrary
© DarkAbyssKeeper

Second Talent:

Freya gave Golan a long look, then took the flask and wandered off.

Linked Accounts
Golan
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Supermouse
First Talent:
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2018, 07:06 AM by Golan. Edited 1 time in total.)
Phew!

Golan hopped on Slowpoke and dashed away, hopefully in the direction of Noah.

The story continues Here

Linked Accounts
Golan
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Supermouse
First Talent:
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

Golan returned, and reopened the bar, slightly confused by the whole event that had unfolded. Bad people, little kid, not able to help... Golan made a promise to herself that in the future, when people need help, she would keep a merc on hand that she can trust to refer them to. That way, she would be able to leave people like that with a clear conscience.

Then, Golan suddenly remembered something. She closed the bar again and went to return Slowpoke to Freya.

Linked Accounts
Golan
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Supermouse
First Talent:
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

After seeing a new poster looking for work, and feeling a drive to make her life matter in a way that maintaining a fantasy bar slash hotel wasn't cutting anymore, Golan locked up the bar and went away.