Who Are We?
Synopsis

Welcome to Aurora Sky! We are a Sword and Sorcery roleplay. Check out the area above this box if you're interested in making a character, and check out the cbox below if you have any questions! Hope to RP with you soon!

Cbox

Resources

Map

[Outer Verto] Skaylen's Workshop

Gold: 27 gp
Linked Accounts
Lilly Mato
Character Sheet
Player Character
Race: Half-Fey
© DarkAbyssKeeper
First Talent:
Lord of Flames [Fire Branded]
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

"I'm pretty easy when it comes to food... so... nice." Lily lost track of her comment about food as she walked in, taking in the decor with obvious admiration.

Gold: 216 gp
Linked Accounts
Kage
Character Sheet
Player Character
Race: Shifter
© Udo
First Talent:
None [True Mage]
Second Talent:
Visionary [Umbral Soul]

Kage followed them as they left and set up the portal. While they set it up, he made one of his eyes fade and took note of exactly what such blobs looked like. When it set up, he dismissed the fade and followed. Inside he let out a smile and an approving nod. This was much nicer than his void space. Though, he had never really looked in his...but he figured there wasn't a meticulously maintained house and yard with some animals. "Nice place. Food is easy, just whatever you want to make. What kind of puzzle were you looking to create? Perhaps we can help make it more specific."

Gold: 159 gp
Linked Accounts
Avorianna
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Avo
First Talent:
None [True Mage]
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2018, 10:55 PM by Avorianna. Edited 1 time in total.)
Ria smiles happily at their reactions, and then thought "Hmm.. then some roasted chicken with some sides sounds good to me, as for the puzzles..." Her voice stopped suddenly at the sound of a chicken in distress. Ria turns to the noise and yells, "Silkie! Put the chickens down! Not those chickens! Stop harrassing them! Silkie speaks as if coming from in the house, the voice can be softly heard and seems to be directed at the chickens, "Tattle tails..." Ria sighs and motions for Kage and Lilly to come inside the house, she walks towards the front door and into the kitchen as she speaks, "Sorry... every time I try and cook chicken for dinner she tries that... she really does not like our chickens. Anywaysss, as for the puzzles, the idea could change vastly depending upon what powers you have. I can create something that would be very unique to your powers and would limit the amount of people who can use it. For example, I have telekinesis, its a bit of a rarer ability but I can make something that would be able to use that in the puzzle, therefore making the amount of people who can actually solve it be... less. Plus, I am using puzzle in a very... broad term, I am hoping to give each of you a compass, but... it wont look like a.. compass. Even though I am an innkeeper, I tend to get more.. unique clientele. I am open to meeting all sorts of people, but I have run into a time or two where... my guests are after more than just a place to stay... so.. its more of a safe house than an inn a this point. So that is what I will be, this place is a safe place, no matter who you are or where you came from. The whole bit about the inn traveling makes it a bit harder to get a steady flow of people anyways." She laughs at the last part and gestures around them to the two chairs at the table and the rest of the house as she stands in the kitchen, "Feel free to treat this place like home, sit where you want or take a look around, the upstairs and downstairs are off limits... although I will show you the smithing area later since I am making you two compasses. So I ask you to respect that, and not peek, its just storage, my room and the smithy anyways. Silkie's voice is coming from the music player in the living room, she is humming a tune, a large floating basket comes into the kitchen. Ria grabs it and turns around waiting for them to give her a direction to go with the puzzles as she begins to skillfully cut up the vegetables from the basket needed for dinner.

Linked Accounts
Lilly Mato
Character Sheet
Player Character
© DarkAbyssKeeper
First Talent:
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2018, 08:25 AM by DarkAbyssKeeper. Edited 1 time in total.)
Lilly gravitated towards a corner of the room where two little sprites were playing a counter movement game. Without a word she slipped into position next to them and was slide a pile of counters. Before long she had joined in to the repetitive pattern of sliding and tapping counters with the two sprites.

"A normal lock is a puzzle if you don't get a key to go with it." Lilly added after a few moments of back and forth.

Linked Accounts
Kage
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Udo
First Talent:
None [True Mage]
Second Talent:
Visionary [Umbral Soul]

"Simple enough concept. And appreciated generosity. I would say the more innocuous is looks, the less likely it will be spotted as a lock. So how about a snowglobe with a forest scene. Inside one of the trees, or under the floor, you could hide the needle. Either one I'll be able to ascertain it's state of with my abilities." The offer was nice. Having a safe house if a job went sideways was always nice. And since he never felt the need to tie into the existing criminal structure, this was a welcome resource. His design would rely on either Telekinesis moving the tree branches to get the needle visible, or just looking through the object and getting the direction.

Linked Accounts
Avorianna
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Avo
First Talent:
None [True Mage]
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

Ria smiles and continues prepping food as she listens to the both of them. She looks over at Lilly and smiles happily as she plays with the twins. "Those are my little twins, Aequum and Libratum. They would prefer if you guessed which one is which. They think of it as a game. They took a liking to my inn and I and decided to stay. If you choose to play with coin and win they will grant you with an extra bit of magical power. I find it helpful when I need to get stuff done. Plus, it is also very fun to play with them. " Ria steps away from the cutting board, the knife and food still move and seem to cut its self, she moves her hands in a particular motion front of the stove and the oven, the symbols on them light up and a fire appears. Pots and pans float to her and she begins to assemble a few chickens, surrounding them each with vegetables galore, and spices them with some dried and fresh herbs and seasoning, and places them in the oven. She places a lot of potatoes into a pressure cooker and begins to cook them. "So you would like more of an innocuous look Kage, and Lilly, you do not seem to have a preference? Since the needles have a magical energy to them, it is wisest that I also cover that trace with another item on top. For example.. your snow globe, the falling debris could be some magical particles that take shape of certain things on its own. Its a basic enchantment, and it can wear off, but if I submerge it in some clear auroil it should allow that enchantment to last for longer than you would be alive. As for Lilly, I am assuming you have control of fire.. how much control do you have if you do not mind me asking? I could make something that requires heat activation, or depending on your ability I could make something different. If you prefer none of that I can simply make some pretty earrings. Although if I were to do that, the needle would be more visable to see.. magic wise. " A basket with peaches moves over Ria's head, and towards the cutting board. "You guys like pie?"

Linked Accounts
Kage
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Udo
First Talent:
None [True Mage]
Second Talent:
Visionary [Umbral Soul]

"That's a good option. You could alternately just place it under the floor of the globe and leave it suspended in something with no way to access the needle itself. I'll be able to detect its direction. Whichever method you can do easiest really. And as for pie, sure." He smiled and just sat down in some comfy looking chair.

Linked Accounts
Lilly Mato
Character Sheet
Player Character
© DarkAbyssKeeper
First Talent:
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

"As long as its not apple pie, sure. As for flames, I can control them pretty fluidly... maybe a locket with a 'broken' clasp, that needs to be heated and picked at the same time to open?" Lily said with a grin. She played a lot of games but had never really designed a puzzle before.

Linked Accounts
Avorianna
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Avo
First Talent:
None [True Mage]
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

Ria looks curiously towards Lilly, "oh? Apple pie has done you wrong? I'll keep that noted for your next visit. Now that I have a few ideas of what to do making these will be fun! Are you both in any rush? It may take me a little while to make, I haven't made anything like this in a few years so I do not have anything pre-made." She smiles as she turns around and continues cooking. Puzzles are always fun to make. She remembers having to make some complex puzzles for her father for some of his jobs. For a master blacksmith he also often got odd requests that either required small intricate work or complex locks and puzzles, all which he usually left for her to mostly complete.

Linked Accounts
Kage
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Udo
First Talent:
None [True Mage]
Second Talent:
Visionary [Umbral Soul]

"I'm in no particular rush, though I do not wish to dawdle around. Always more work to do and things to acquire."

Linked Accounts
Lilly Mato
Character Sheet
Player Character
© DarkAbyssKeeper
First Talent:
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

"No specific pie has ever wronged me... apples are just trash." Lilly said matter-of-fact-ly.

Linked Accounts
Avorianna
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Avo
First Talent:
None [True Mage]
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

Ria nod's to their comments and finishes up dinner, she places the spread of food on the table and invites them to sit at the large table in the inn area, she has the table set for four people. Ria sits down with a journal in her hand and is scribbling numbers and random words as well as a few sketches of.. trees.. and flowers and some mechanical pieces. "Please forgive me for being a bit rude. I am excited to build puzzles again and I am just theorizing the materials I would love to use. Would you guys like any beverages? Alcohol or otherwise. All my tea's are custom blended, and please, I know you guys like your privacy, but if you need to ask any questions about this place please feel free to do so. This is now your safe haven, I would like for you to feel at home, to the best of my abilities."

Linked Accounts
Lilly Mato
Character Sheet
Player Character
© DarkAbyssKeeper
First Talent:
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

Lillith devoured the food with a degree of hunger that spoke very well of how it must have tasted. In between mouthfuls she commented to the same effect.

"It's nice that we've given you an excuse to indulge a hobby of yours. Do you always have fae visitors in here?" she asked as she cleared the last bits of her plate.

Linked Accounts
Avorianna
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Avo
First Talent:
None [True Mage]
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2018, 07:06 AM by Avorianna. Edited 1 time in total.)
Ria finished her food and nodded at Lilly’s question. “There are always at least three fae beings here. You both have met them all. Fae are allowed to roam in and out of this realm, but they must follow the rules of the realm. They cannot just waltz in here and destroy everything since the realm bends to the will of the user, not to the guest. I hope that does not bother either one of you.”

Ria then gets up and walks them both downstairs to the blacksmith room where she promptly tells them not to touch anything. Bottles line the shelves, materials are scattered around the room in some kind of disorganized yet organized fashion. (If they choose to have a look around but not touch they will see this, if they just choose to wait patiently they do not see this. Please state which one your character does.) In one of the corners of the room are many sketches that are pinned to a board. Some of them look old like they are about to just disappear from existence while others look just a few years old. There are a few realistic drawings of Ria and some of her with her father and Silkie. All signed by V.O. at the bottom. In a different style of drawing that clearly is made by someone else are sketches of faceless people. There are drawings of four different people holding different weapons. One of the sketches that looks faded and old is of a male with black hair and large antlers holding two large black tonfas. There is a newer one of another of a man with pointed ears, his arms folded and it looks like… metal legs? In fact there are a few sketches of him on various aged papers and looking slightly different. Then there are two sketches pinned side by side one of the people in the picture is a female with no arms. There are daggers connected to chains that seem to come out from her and levitate around her. In the corner of that sketch is a close up of the daggers that look like they have gems in them. The sketch pinned to its right is the last one on the board. It shows a young child, possibly a boy with those same daggers levitating around him. The chains seem attached to him somehow.

Ria makes the compasses as they wait, humming to herself as she does so. She directs Kage and Lilly to do certain things to help with the creation, making them touch and interact with every item that she uses in their compass. She finishes with Lilly’s first. It looks like a metal flower that has not opened up, it is attached to a thin but sturdy necklace chain. Ria hands it over to Lilly and instructs her to heat the flower up to 425° F (220°C). When Lilly does the flower opens up looking scarily organic in doing so. In the center there is small red gemstone she had Lilly hold on to for an hour. As Lilly continues to apply heat the stone begins to glow and then shoot a small red beam out towards Lilly herself. Ria informs and whispers to Lilly that the stone’s natural preference is to point north but if Lilly rotates the petals 3 to the left, 8 to the right and then 2 to the left it will then point to Ria. When Lilly moves the petals the precise combination the stone and beam rotates to point at Ria. Ria then moves around the room to show that the beam does follow her. She then instructs Lilly to cool her heat to 300°F (150°C). As Lilly does the beam dims and disappears. The stone stops glowing and then the flower closes back up. Pleased with how well it works Ria goes and to finish up Kage’s.

Kage’s compass was to his specifications, a snow globe. The globe is spherical in nature and has an intricate hand carved wooden base. Ria hands the snow globe over to Kage. The inside looks like a peaceful snow scape with five trees and a few rocks. She instructs him to shake it five times. Once he does the scene inside come to life. The snow begins to develop around the top of the globe and fall just like real snow. The snow on the ground begins to move and takes form into the shape of a person that begins to dart around the globe as if it’s dancing. Ria smirks and admitted to Kage that she has enough experience with people to make a good guess on his ability and to let him know if he has any difficulty in figuring it out. She gives him the hint to watch when the dancer does a grand jeté. (aka a jump). She then allows Kage to figure it out by himself as to not expose his ability. If Kage watches the dancer he will find that she is jumping at certain points in a certain order. When Kage uses his lvl 0 ability at this point the whole globe looks like it is illuminated with magic and finding the needle is impossible. When Kage uses his lvl 4 ability he is able to see a ball several circles. The circles are where the dancer jumps. When Kage makes the ball follow the dancer to hit the circles in the same order it looks like nothing special happens. Ria watching him move the globe around smiles and tells him to look at it a different way. When Kage uses his lvl 0 ability he can see that in one of the trees there is needle sized glow that seems stronger than the rest of the globe and it is pointing right at Ria. Ria moves around the room and the needle follows. Ria then states to shake the globe five times again. When Kage does so the needle’s presence disappears, the dancer melts into the ground, the snow stops falling and everything looks silent in the globe. Ria then states the dancer will dance differently each time and to keep that in mind. (which means the circles will also move.)

Happy with the completion of her projects she smiles brightly. “Each individual person leaves their own trace of magic behind that is similar to a thumbprint. So both of your compasses should want to work more so for you both than anyone else. Simply because you were a part of making it and you will be the ones using it. Everyone else may have a bit of a difficult time with its more finicky
features. So....how do you guys like them!? Do you guys have any questions?”