Who Are We?
Synopsis

Welcome to Aurora Sky! We are a Sword and Sorcery roleplay. Check out the area above this box if you're interested in making a character, and check out the cbox below if you have any questions! Hope to RP with you soon!

Cbox

Resources

Map

[Past] Off the Beaten Path

Gold: 159 gp
Linked Accounts
Avorianna
Character Sheet
Player Character
Race: Half-Fey
© Avo
First Talent:
None [True Mage]
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

Located off the beaten path yet still located within an hour or so walking distance to town Silkie had just got done opening the orb and a shimmering portal appeared above it. They had decided to set up shop within the forest behind a large tree. A large magical energy can be felt coming from the portal. It was getting to become dark and Ria was dragging a decent sized buck behind her grunting a bit from the weight. "I should have cut this thing up outside! I hate having to cut it up in the inn." Silkie laughed "Hehehe, It is getting late, you should have gone with smaller animal!" Ria began pulling the deer into the portal her voice disappearing from the outside world as she entered midsentence. "I could not help it! The buck was just RIGHT THERE and it was a perfect shot to the head! He passed quickly, and we will be able to make some good food from him. Ria looked down at the buck to see a arrow sticking out between its eyes. She felt bad, "Sorry buddy.. I will be sure to bury the parts I do not use, you will go back into the earth.... You will make a wonderful stew though.. or roasted meat.. or..... I should just stop talking to this dead animal now..." Silkie giggled again and Ria dragged the deer over to the side near a stone wall to gut it. Silkie opened the door to the inn and grabbed some buckets and baskets and pots for the edibles.

Gold: 7 gp
Linked Accounts
Hayze
Character Sheet
Player Character
Race: Human
© Castor
First Talent:
Shadowtwin [Umbral Soul]
Second Talent:
Stealth Tactics [Warrior Prodigy]

Hayze had been walking for hours. He had left Tiburon out of frustration and just kept walking. He was frustrated with himself mostly. How could he have been so careless on that bounty? Surely the authorities were looking for him back in town. It was the right move to leave. At least for a time. He hoped his father wouldn’t find out how poorly he was performing.

He knew he was drawing close to a town. At least, he hoped he was. He needed some food. It was late evening although Hayze had only been awake for a few hours.

He glanced down at his shadow who was sort of leading the way. It wasn’t following a straight path but would veer off and hang out in the shadows of trees occasionally. It hadn’t said a word since he woke.

“What is it?” The shadow asked, suddenly stopping and coming near him.

Hayze had been distracted but apparently his shadow was able to feel the sense that he now noticed in his head. Something was near. He felt it pulling him. Or more accurately, telling him which direction to go. His shadow obliged quicker than he and zoomed away. Hayze followed at a slower pace. He couldn’t remember the feeling of childish curiosity that he had banished to his shadow.

He found where his shadow had stopped. It was in front of a... something. A translucent shimmering oval. He had never seen anything like it.

“Wow, this thing is cool! Touch it!” His shadow said excitedly.

Hayze sighed, but for the sake of experience, he approached the oval. He reached out and lightly touched the surface. Nothing seemed to happen. Suddenly, against his will, he took a step forward through the shimmering surface and his surroundings changed.

“Damn it, you idiot!” He yelled at his shadow for making him take that step. His first thought was that he was now in the fey realm. He didn’t know much about it but he knew he didn’t want to be there. He quickly looked behind him to see the forest through the oval. But he realized there was someone else here.

He looked again at his surroundings, then at the woman... butchering a deer.

“Where am I?” He asked, not know what else to say but fearing the answer. His shadow had, out of reflex, moved directly beneath him, out of sight.

Linked Accounts
Avorianna
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Avo
First Talent:
None [True Mage]
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

Ria turned around the buck half butchered by the time he entered. She was a bit surprised to see someone in her realm... not that it was odd, just unexpected. Ria was wearing an apron with her hair pulled back and blood all over her arms and hands. "Oh hello! You are in my inn! Well technically.. my realm.. with an inn in it!" She gestured happily to her inn. The surrounding area looked homely with the inn standing in front, the time of day seemed to be different, rather than night time it looked more the afternoon, with a slight breeze in the air. The air smelled fresh and clean and slightly like Lavender, minus the smell of fresh killed deer nearby. She put down the knife and walked over to Hayze wiping the blood off her hands with the apron. "My name is Ria, please don't mind the mess, I am preparing for dinner. You hungry?" Ria smiles happily at Hayze, her skin seeming to shimmer slightly.

Unknowingly to Hayze, Silkie was watching them near the deer curiously.

Linked Accounts
Hayze
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Castor
First Talent:
Shadowtwin [Umbral Soul]
Second Talent:

So not the Fey realm it seemed. He breathed out a sigh of relief. Although the woman’s appearance did not completely convince him that all of this wasn’t somehow Fey related. She seemed to shimmer.

”Hayze.” He replied, still looking around at the Inn.

”Ugh. I hate when you use that name. She seems nice. Just tell her your full name.” His shadow piped in from under his feet.

Hayze ignored it and nodded to the woman’s question. ”You have a place to sit?”

Linked Accounts
Avorianna
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Avo
First Talent:
None [True Mage]
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

Ria smiles, "Nice to meet you Hayze! Ria saw him looking around the outside of the inn. She giggles, "I forget that this is an odd sight to people. Come follow, I'll lead you inside. Are you looking for a place to rest as well?" She walks towards the front door and opens it, she then walks into the kitchen where there is seating for two people. "There is a chair here, there is also a living space, and the main inn area, both have seating. This was originally just a house, so I have built an Inn extension to it... hence the... unique look of the inn. I find it charming though."

Linked Accounts
Hayze
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Castor
First Talent:
Shadowtwin [Umbral Soul]
Second Talent:

Hayze followed Ria inside. He looked at the two chairs in the kitchen. He wasn't thrilled about the idea of sitting there while she prepared his food in the same room. Why did people talk so much? He almost turned right around. He took her suggestion of other seating areas as an invitation and continued through the kitchen to the rest of the Inn. He soon found a small room in the corner of the building with a few comfortable chairs and a crackling fireplace.

"This room will do." He said talking a seat. "Just a meal. And drink if you have it. Whatever's strongest." He replied, leaning over and resting his face in his hands.

"You know, if you really don't want people talking to you, you shouldn't do things like that." His shadow commented, speaking of his current position. "You're basically begging her to ask you what's on your mind.

"I wouldn't do things like this if it weren't for you. If you just shut up for once, maybe my head wouldn't hurt all the time." He replied in his mind.

Gold: 350 gp
Linked Accounts
Nathaniel
Character Sheet
Player Character
Race: Shifter
© JTAgameboi
First Talent:
Monolith [Earth Bound]
Second Talent:
Mountain Style [Warrior Prodigy]

Nathaniel, having been traveling for weeks, walks through the forest half awake. He hasn't slept properly in a while, his bedroll having been ruined shortly after his departure from his village. Apparently, Nathan shifts while he's asleep. So he woke up in a heap of shredded fabric.

Nathan unconsciously shifts into his Anthro and Monolith form, because it feels more comfortable for him, and he begins to feel a pull coming from the forest. In his unconcerned drowsiness, he walks towards it. Barely even noticing the portal, he walks right through it.

Linked Accounts
Avorianna
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Avo
First Talent:
None [True Mage]
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

Ria smiled and nodded noting his head being placed into his hands, " Silkie please get our guest a drink and add another log on the fire and then meet me in the kitchen with the meat. Please do not mind the floating objects, that is only Silkie the wind sylph." She directed that last comment towards Hayze and through the music player in the room you heard giggling and a female voice say "Will do!" Ria pauses feeling another presence in the realm, "It looks like we have another guest, I will be back with everything shortly then. I hope Venison stew settles with you well. I shall also bring some tea for your... "headache" ' Ria gives a smile that lets Hayze know she wont pry.... for now probably. She walks away.
A log floats into the room and puts its self into the fire, a large tankard of some strong beer and 2 shots of rum on a tray soon follow. Silkie places the tray in front of him on the coffee table using her wind powers, Hayze can feel a small breeze of wind. " I am Silkie! Please let me know if you need more! Or if you prefer mixed drinks! Just say my name first." Silkie floats away to get the ingredients for dinner.
Ria walks out front to see VERY large bear like man that seems to be half asleep. She pauses for a moment at his size.. he is SO TALL! She seemed to not as much be phased by the fact he was half bear though. "Hello sir, can I help you? My name is Ria, are you in need of a place to rest and eat? I have some fresh meat and a bed open. She smiles kindly at him.

Linked Accounts
Hayze
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Castor
First Talent:
Shadowtwin [Umbral Soul]
Second Talent:

He supposed he wasn’t overly surprised by the presence of an invisible fairy. He knew this stunk of fey. He peaked through his hands to see his shadow bouncing about at his feet. It seemed be looking around frantically to find the sylph.

Hayze gave another nod at Ria’s words and looked up as she left. He watched as a log floated in followed by a tray with his drinks. His shadow left his feet and followed the floating objects. As soon as it arrived he took one of the shots, dropped it in a tankard of beer and chugged it. He wiped off his mouth with his sleeve and let out a sigh, settling back in his chair.

His shadow moved quickly over to the music player when it started speaking again. ”I can’t see her! Where is she? Can she see me?” It said.

It was acting almost hysterical. His shadow very rarely sought out attention. But then again, it had never met a sylph before. Hayze thought perhaps they might actually have something in common. ”I don’t know.” He replied, starting on his next beer.

Linked Accounts
Nathaniel
Character Sheet
Player Character
© JTAgameboi
First Talent:
Monolith [Earth Bound]
Second Talent:

Nathan jumps slightly at her unexpected appearance. He gains enough lucidity to realize that he wasn't in the forest anymore.
"Huh? Where am I? I was just walking through the forest a minute ago. How'd I end up here?" Confusion shown on his face as clear as crystal, with a hint of concern. 'Did I actually fall asleep while walking? That would be bad' He thought

Linked Accounts
Avorianna
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Avo
First Talent:
None [True Mage]
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

Silkie seeing that Ria was busy made the hot water, grabbed a cup, sprinkled in some headache powder Ria made previously into the cup poured the hot water in and added in the leaves into an infuser all with her telekinesis. She put everything on a small tray and levitated it over to Hayze. She noticed the shadow moving around, and a few giggles came out of the music player. Then softly the music player said "You have a funny shadow, you are an Umbral aspect? Do not be alarmed, magic is welcome here, Ria accepts everyone as do I. Here is headache tea, it will help with your headache. Please let me know if you or your happy shadow has questions or need anything!" Silkie remains in the room for a moment waiting if Hayze has any questions for her. She was also curious about the moving shadow, it had been a very long time since she had seen a shadowtwin.

Ria talks in a soothing tone towards Nathan "Oh.. I am sorry I startled you! You must still be mostly asleep. Do not be alarmed, you are okay here. My name is Ria and you are currently in my realm. You must have sleep walked through the portal. My house is located in the realm, it also functions as an inn. You probably were drawn here by the orb in a state of sleep. I am sorry, when I am ready to invite people in we can set the orb to send out a magical pulse to let people around us know we are here. Would you like to come inside and sit down for a moment while you wake up some more? I can put on some tea, or coffee. I also will have dinner going soon if you are hungry. She spoke sweetly and patiently making sure not to alarm the man anymore. She noticed he had bits of fluff and shredded fabric on him it looks like he got into a fight with a pillow or something.

Linked Accounts
Hayze
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Castor
First Talent:
Shadowtwin [Umbral Soul]
Second Talent:

Hayze watched the tea float in and the invisible thing explained what it was. He ignored it, for now, preferring his own remedy. He took another sip and closed his eyes.

"Oh! Um... Ask her... If... She's always invisible!" His shadow said, seeming to have thought of that question on the spot. "Ask her what she looks like! She sounds pretty."

Hayze found that he could ignore most people. He didn't care about them, so why give them even a moment of his time? He didn't necessarily 'care' for his shadow but it was a part of him. So he couldn't completely ignore it. It would probably pester him until he did what it was asking anyway.

"He wants to know what you look like." He said, opening his eyes slightly. "Assuming you aren't always invisible."

Linked Accounts
Avorianna
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Avo
First Talent:
None [True Mage]
Second Talent:
None [Forged Road]

Silkie giggles happily at the question, "I am not always invisable! I shall to retrieve a drawing. It would be better" Silkie darts off to the top floor and after a minute doors open and close as she goes back downstairs, there is a floating piece of paper with a realistic drawing of Silkie on it. She floated it down and it landed on the coffee table. It showed female figure with a soft face about a foot tall with glittering wings, pale white skin and long white hair that floated around her, wearing a long flowing dress that was white. She had pointed ears and was smiling in the drawing. At the bottom it looks like it was signed with a "-V.O." "Can your shadow touch things?"

Linked Accounts
Nathaniel
Character Sheet
Player Character
© JTAgameboi
First Talent:
Monolith [Earth Bound]
Second Talent:

Rubbing out some of the drowsiness from his eyes, Nathan said, "It's fine, but thanks for the concern. I really should get some better sleeping habits." Nathan finally looks at the girl and takes in her features. She's small. She looks to be around Nathan's age, but he's learned not to take appearances with a grain of salt. He still doesn't know how old his teacher is, and she still looks the same as when he first met her as a child.
"I'll take that offer of tea. Maybe we could talk more when I come to my senses." He says, indicating for the lady to lead the way.

Linked Accounts
Hayze
Character Sheet
Player Character
© Castor
First Talent:
Shadowtwin [Umbral Soul]
Second Talent:

Hayze leaned forward, grabbed the piece of paper and lifted it closer to his face to get a better look. The paper darkened as his shadow moved over it.

"See! I knew it! She IS pretty!" It said happily. It stayed on the page as Hayze set it back down on the coffee table. It didn't say anything at the sylph's question. It knew she wouldn't be able to hear it. And Hayze already knew the answer.

"No. He moves over surfaces but cannot feel what he's touching." He replied. He surprised himself a little by how readily he answered the question. He looked around the room a bit and realized his vision was slightly blurred, like seeing in slow motion. So it was the alcohol. "Can you?" He found himself saying just before taking another long drink of his beer.