07-09-2018, 01:13 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 01:30 AM by Magikeeper.)
The Table
'A: Good question, we're bringing them, and a very valid point! I like this team already. There is a distance penalty for each half-day a team goes without making a reasonable attempt for the flag, with the definition of 'attempt' getting every more rigorous as the days past by. There are rules for sending in additional supplies, but no game's ever lasted longer than three weeks."
'T: It'd be incredibly difficult for the game to go any longer than that; the teams involved basically waited until they were forced to set the flags next to each other.'
'A: Ah, I hear the carriage. We'll be off then, enjoy your meal.'
Javier gives a short bow. "The call has concluded, Monsieurs and Mademoiselles. I thank you for your patronage."
Bruce hands him more than a few coins - message passing appears to be quite the lucrative business.
The Master'd Bar
The bar master turned around. He was a big man. Very big. You'd think he was part bear if he wasn't so obviously an elf. Unlike the waiter, he has two functional eyes. Also unlike the water, his left hand is a metallic claw. The set of extensions behind him further suggested he had specialized hand-implements for all manner of drink making and fight ending. Also brush clearing, given the machete-hand sitting above some of the others on a nice holding rack.
"What sort of limp-wristed juice-rippler of a bartender would I be if I didn't understand bartender-customer confidentiality?" The bar master's voice was as rough as a sandpaper mill. "State the level of secrecy you desire. If no one's dying, no one's prying as the saying goes. Offer invalid for matters involving the safety of small children and.. He sighed. "...and certain species of duck." The master shrugged. "I say the duck thing's gone too far, personally, but Baron Ecolaides is very persuasive. As for my name, it is Cabot. Bar Master Cabot IV, if you are the precise sort. I like those sorts."
'A: Good question, we're bringing them, and a very valid point! I like this team already. There is a distance penalty for each half-day a team goes without making a reasonable attempt for the flag, with the definition of 'attempt' getting every more rigorous as the days past by. There are rules for sending in additional supplies, but no game's ever lasted longer than three weeks."
'T: It'd be incredibly difficult for the game to go any longer than that; the teams involved basically waited until they were forced to set the flags next to each other.'
'A: Ah, I hear the carriage. We'll be off then, enjoy your meal.'
Javier gives a short bow. "The call has concluded, Monsieurs and Mademoiselles. I thank you for your patronage."
Bruce hands him more than a few coins - message passing appears to be quite the lucrative business.
The Master'd Bar
The bar master turned around. He was a big man. Very big. You'd think he was part bear if he wasn't so obviously an elf. Unlike the waiter, he has two functional eyes. Also unlike the water, his left hand is a metallic claw. The set of extensions behind him further suggested he had specialized hand-implements for all manner of drink making and fight ending. Also brush clearing, given the machete-hand sitting above some of the others on a nice holding rack.
"What sort of limp-wristed juice-rippler of a bartender would I be if I didn't understand bartender-customer confidentiality?" The bar master's voice was as rough as a sandpaper mill. "State the level of secrecy you desire. If no one's dying, no one's prying as the saying goes. Offer invalid for matters involving the safety of small children and.. He sighed. "...and certain species of duck." The master shrugged. "I say the duck thing's gone too far, personally, but Baron Ecolaides is very persuasive. As for my name, it is Cabot. Bar Master Cabot IV, if you are the precise sort. I like those sorts."



