Who Are We?
Synopsis

Welcome to Aurora Sky! We are a Sword and Sorcery roleplay. Check out the area above this box if you're interested in making a character, and check out the cbox below if you have any questions! Hope to RP with you soon!

Cbox

Resources

Map

Scherza DelCapo

Gold: 40 gp
Linked Accounts
Scherza
Character Sheet
Player Character
Race: Elf
© Calico
First Talent:
None [Forged Road]
Second Talent:
Sky Song [Storm Called]

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2018, 01:37 AM by Scherza. Edited 13 times in total. Edit Reason: ^^ )
[*Using JumpStart Bonus*]

Scherza DelCapo (Spellweaver of Storms)

Race: Elf (descended from nature fey)

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 160lb

Strength: Average

Physical Description: Her hair is a golden-red that falls to about mid-back in gentle waves and her eyes are bright green. She wears her hair all one length and it is very rarely restrained in any manner. Her ears are clearly long and pointed, and she has the fair skin of one with fey ancestry, clearly marking her as non-human.

Apparel: She is often dressed in a seemingly eclectic manner. Her favored apparel includes a silken forest green blouse (short or long sleeved depending on the season), deep blue long skirt or pants (again seasonal/temperature depending), knee-high boots of black leather, dark brown leather gloves (with the tips of the fingers cut off), and when it is raining or chilly out, a deep purple cloak with dark blue runic embroidery along the edges. She is also always wearing a black hat with several long feathers sticking out of one side. This hat is a fairly prized possession, an "explorers" or "outback" hat of sorts and the feathers tend to change type depending on what she might find in her travels to put there. Typically the feathers are a combination of peacock and hawk feathers, but it really can depend on what she finds!

Her silver flute, the favored instrument for her profession as a musician, is always 'sheathed' in a special sort of holster on her waist so that it can be brought out and played at a moment's notice.

She also typically has an ocarina around her neck on a thick black cord that is clearly magical in nature. This ocarina is a 12 hole ocarina, blue with silver swirls, made of fine ceramic and seems to be fairly hardy. This particular instrument she was given by her instructor years ago, prior to her leaving on her adventures.

Backstory:

She was born in a small village within the Nerzak forest to parents that really didn't expect much out of her, due to being a female in a family where they had always strived for a male to take up the small family logging business. However, when she showed an aptitude for music in her early years, creating musical instruments out of random things found in the forests, they eagerly attempted to feed her desires, hoping she would become perhaps, a famous bard and bring them much more money and notice that they might get otherwise. Unfortunately for them, Scherza was more humble, interested rather in being kind to others and exploring rather than finding a craft to allow her to extort money and prowess from others. Fortunately, however, for her family, they finally birthed a son whom immediately took to the family business, and managed to find ways to improve their own meager stake in the larger company, bringing in much profit for them and the village. Scherza then was left mostly to her own devices, and when she became a young adult and well able to be off on her own, she left.

Along her way, before she got too far away from the forests of her home, she met up with another, an older female elf whom called themselves a "Storm Sorceror", promising to train her in something called "Storm Magic" as well as several instruments, promising that she knew things that Scherza would not be able to learn on her own. Not wanting to waste the opportunity, Scherza took this strange woman's instruction and went to live with her in a small hut within the deep Erzak forest. She only ever knew her otherwise as "Gayle" and after spending a year under her tutelage, Scherza woke up one day to find that she was gone. With nothing else as a goal, she set off to find her own adventure.

The Story Of Scherza: To be written as performed

Affiliations and Contacts: Old teacher, known as Gayle. Unknown whereabouts.

Skills and Abilities

Perfect Pitch: Scherza is always playing or singing whatever note she intends and is always in tune with other musicians. This clearly aids her in her chosen profession [0.5 Minor for Aspect]

Aspect:
Forged Road - musician - primary flute (all types of known flutes including bamboo/irish/etc.), ocarina (including ocarina type instruments such as the gemshorn), also voice

Leveled Talent:
---

Aspect:
Storm Called

Leveled Talent:
Sky Song - You possess a powerful bond to the world around you, tuning your ears towards a majestic living song that is unheard by others.
Lvl 0. There is a song only you can hear, one that is always playing. It changes fairly often – although some part of you identifies it as a singular being –, its tune constantly comforting and supporting you. Pain and emotional effects have a lessened effect on you.
Lvl 1. The song is not wholly about you - by studying its underlying patterns you can discern information regarding regional weather and even predict oncoming storms, droughts, etc.
Lvl 2. You can empower the song with your own spirit, allowing others to hear it and making it anything from very soft to painfully loud. This effect takes a spell per post to use/maintain.
Lvl 3. The song can infuse a bit of itself into the sounds you make, giving them a more melodious quality and allowing them to echo for hundreds of feet should you will it.
Lvl 4. You may cause the song to powerfully manifest at a point within sight, the noise becoming louder and louder until finally exploding outward at the end of your next post; the sonic boom has a radius of 10' and hits with the strength of a Mighty shove. This effect takes a spell per post to begin the effect.

Spells
Storm:

LEVEL 1
Drift - Thicken the air beneath you just enough that if you are falling it slows your decent and allows for a soft landing.
Whisper - While speaking in a whisper, you can manipulate the air to carry it to the ear of anyone within your sight.

LEVEL 2
Listen - Increase the sensitivity of the air around you, magnifying any sounds you hear.

LEVEL 3
Modulate - Manipulate the air coming out of your mouth to alter the sound of your voice, possibly mimicking entirely different sounds. No louder than a lion's roar.

LEVEL 4
Ball Lightning - Form an empty sphere of whirling winds, the size of a softball, in one of your hands. These winds generate an increasingly powerful electrical charge within the sphere. This sphere can be propelled with air pressure, dispersing on impact releasing a blast of electricity. Can be maintained for up to two posts, the size of the blast increasing with each post so spent.

Weapons and Armor
- no armor as of yet -

Tempest: A thin steel rapier that she is skilled in using. Not that she uses it much. (Ie. she tends to try and escape, rather!)
> Whistling Mirage - When wielded, the rapier plays a whistling tune that's quite musical in its own right. Once every seven posts this tune can be further infused with magic, causing all others within 3' of the blade, that can hear the noise, to be exposed to auditory and visual hallucinations for a post. The wielder can describe the gist (e.g. "swarm of bats is attacking!") but the afflicted minds create the exact illusion.
>Static Charge - The rapier can crackle with a mild electric charge that would give someone a very weak shock if touched like a shock one would get from touching metal after scuffing their bare feet on a fur. The wielder is unaffected by the charge.(She mostly uses this to make an escape, after!) [Minor 1 for starting character (magical sword)]

Other Magical Possessions

Flute "Holster": This particular item is magical in that it allows her to withdraw her instrument from it with ease, without causing any injury to the instrument itself. Any minor repairs that the instrument might need (minor pad repair, small alignments of keys, scratch or dent repair) will also fix themselves if left in it overnight. [0.5 Minor for aspect (fancy, magical flute holster)]

"Calming" Ocarina: A ceramic 12 hole ocarina, colored with blue and silver swirls. This seems to have an added bonus of minorly calming those in her immediate area (10-foot radius around her) when she plays it. It's also as durable as if it were made of iron. [Minor #1/4 for starting character (extra-hardy slightly magical ocarina)]

Glow Chain: A silver chain with a diamond-shaped bluish-silvery gem in a silver setting upon it. With a thought, she can cause it to light up, giving a small radius of light to allow her or those immediately nearby to see. [Minor #0.5/4 for starting character (magical lighting necklace)]

Other Mundane Possessions
Shoulder satchel that has pockets/areas for each of her other carried instruments so that they lay in one layer without banging together:
* 12 hole ocarina (green)
* double ocarina (earthen brown)
* two bamboo flutes (key of C and D, brown and white)
* irish style flute (black)
* Gemshorn made of a goat horn (black and white in coloration)
* also some rags and cleaning solutions for said instruments and oils for them

A pack that she generally wears on her back when traveling that contains:
~ Several journals: blank ones and ones that she has penned down music or other notes in, a bottle of ink, quills to take said notes.
~ Eating utensils, small bowl, and cup, all made of metal
~ Rope (10 feet), flint & steel, blanket, metal flask, some old rags, a small vial of oil, a few small empty bottles.
~ Extra Change of clothes

Pets

Kaleidoscope - This creature, that is generally always nearby Scherza in some manner is definitely a rather large housecat, it's head coming up to the female's knee. She is a long-haired cat, with a ridiculously long, fluffy tail that's easily long enough to wrap around nearly her entire self when curled up. Usually, this feline is a calico coloration (black and orange blotches with white underside/chest/paws) with green eyes. However, this cat can change colors at will to become entirely the same color and pattern as it's surroundings as a form of camouflage. Which means, of course, that if she doesn't want to be seen, she is very difficult to find. She also seems to be able to communicate into the elf's mind from any distance away, making her a rather decent spy . . . if she feels like it. After all, she IS a cat. This of course means that she is curious about things and tends to be attracted to boxes that she can get inside . . . ^^ [Minor 1.5 for starting character (cat companion)]

Gold: [330/350 starting gold for spells] 20

**1 minor remaining - to be discovered later!**

Gold: 139 gp
4 Attached Accounts
Magikeeper
Character Sheet
Administrator
Race: OOC Account
© Magikeeper

Second Talent:

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2018, 11:30 PM by Magikeeper. Edited 1 time in total.)
Very nice! Let's see:

Calming Ocarina: Please put the mechanics description under items. I mean, the physical description being in apparel is fine but it took me awhile to figure out what was going on. Otherwise fine! (Same for Flute Holster)

Perfect Pitch + Holster: I think I'd collectively count both of these together as 1 minor, the holster could temporarily cause any flute within it to become magical for a short period of time (granting self-repair) or some other minor effect and still be fine.

Kaleidoscope: How smart is the cat? Sounds pretty smart. In any case, sounds like a fine pet although color changing isn't going to avoid all forms of detection. Although it depends on the cat's intelligence, I'd say 1.5 minors for her.

Glow Chain, I'd say another .5

So that's 4/6 minors so far..

Tempest: Being under constant mild confusion is not particularly easy to RP. It's the sort of effect that ends up either being RP'd as very strong or very weak, usually the later more than the former. I'd suggest something like:

Tempest: A thin steel rapier that she is skilled in using. Not that she uses it much.
> Whistling Mirage - When wielded, the rapier plays a whistling tune that's quite musical in its own right. Once every seven posts this tune can be further infused with magic, causing all others within 3' of the blade, that can hear the noise, to be exposed to auditory and visual hallucinations for a post. The wielder can describes the gist (e.g. "swarm of bats is attacking!") but the afflicteds' minds creates the exact illusion.
>Static Charge - The rapier can crackle with a mild electric charge that would give someone a very weak shock if touched, like a shock one would get from touching metal after scuffing their bare feet on a fur. The wielder is unaffected by the charge.

^I'd view that as being a minor that's a bit on the strong side, but it's evened out by the others.

That would leave 1 minor unchosen! Could very well just save that one for later.

Gold: 40 gp
Linked Accounts
Scherza
Character Sheet
Player Character
Race: Elf
© Calico
First Talent:
None [Forged Road]
Second Talent:
Sky Song [Storm Called]

Cool, sounds like I didn't do too bad! Smile *whew!*

Re: cat - nah, it's not supposed to really avoid all types of detection, surely not! She can still be smelled, heard, and I'm sure there's some spell or ability out there that sees the "supposedly" unseen. I am definitely not trying to get around any sort of detection of said cat, in fact, it is more likely I'm utilizing it to annoy my own character after the cat decides to hide itself for whatever reason. Wink As far as intelligence, well honestly I consider cats a fair bit smarter than their humans - I'm owned by a very smart calico cat myself - but tis also a cat, so while it's smart enough to keep itself out of most obvious dangers, it's not doing complex mathematics, using tools, playing an instrument or casting spells. Also, it is curious and definitely would want to get inside boxes and possibly things that are circles on the floor if not stopped. Wink Does that make sense? Big Grin

Re: Items do things: Oh, yeah, that is a good point, I will fix it!

Re: Perfect Pitch + Holster - oh that's a good idea Big Grin I like it! I shall edit!

Re: Tempest - your idea is MUCH better than mine. Or rather, better worded. I like it! Here let me just, um borrow what you just wrote there and use it? Smile

Ahh . . . as far as another minor, I got nothing. We can find this via roleplay later? Perfect! Big Grin That gives me all sorts of incentive to wander across something else crazy in her travels! Life goals! Smile

Gold: 139 gp
4 Attached Accounts
Magikeeper
Character Sheet
Administrator
Race: OOC Account
© Magikeeper

Second Talent:

Approved!